Sometimes it’s easy for me to focus on the limitations POTS/NCS causes. After all, I feel and experience them throughout the day, everyday.
However, I’m also beginning to be able to see more clearly the blessings, yes, true blessings, this illness has brought into my life.
In random order, here is my TOP TEN LIST OF BLESSINGS FROM POTS / NCS:
10. A more slow-paced lifestyle. I am beginning to see that
maybe I was a little too busy back in the day.
9. More compassion for those who suffer. I have a long way to go, but I am beginning to truly understand, in some ways.
8. Greater dependence on God. I need Him every hour. Literally.
7. Fewer wrinkles. How’s that for a perk? A friend mentioned once that my face looked so great, and I realized my new, low-stress life does seem to be stopping my wrinkles in their tracks.
6. Seeing God at work, actively caring for me and our family. He has not abandoned us. (I can’t wait to read the 2015 Blessings Jar on New Year’s Eve.)
5. Our kids seeing Mama can’t do it all and needs their help, thus they are getting good practice serving. Our oldest son got the CLEANING AWARD at a recent youth group retreat. (Yikes… hope that wasn’t too embarrassing.) Turns out, he rocked while cleaning their cabin, after meals, etc, maybe partially because all three kids now know their way around some toilet bowl cleaner, dustpans, Windex, you name it.
4. Noncompeting schedules in our marriage, since mine is quite free. (Not a necessity, but I’m enjoying the blessing aspect.)
3. More of my physical presence around the house for my family. While they’re here, I am not often out and about doing errands, meetings, get-togethers, etc. I think they really like this. (Ditto, parenthetical statement above.)
2. Seeing God’s people help in so many ways. This is a huge encouragement. After we recently enjoyed a fantastic meal someone brought, I told Mark, “This makes being sick a lot more tolerable.”
1. Freedom to wear cute shoes that may be too big, too small, or a bit uncomfortable– and not have them wear out– since I don’t walk that much. Ladies, this is AWESOME! My shoes always look brand new. (The scuff marks below are certainly all from previous owners, I’m sure!)
Hey, when you find a cute pair, it’s nice not to have to worry about pesky details like whether the shoe actually fits!